HealthWISE Remote Medical Specialists
The Rural Health Outreach Fund and the Medical Outreach Indigenous Chronic Disease Program are designed to improve access to specialist medical and allied health services in rural and remote areas, and in communities with significant Indigenous populations. This is achieved by supporting specialists and allied health professionals to travel to rural and remote locations to provide clinical services, and to up-skill GPs and health workers. Access to these specialist services is through GP referral.
Some Aboriginal identified services do not require a GP referral – please contact a HealthWISE office for these Medical Outreach Indigenous Chronic Disease Program services. Fee structure is determined by provider and needs to be confirmed on booking. Ask your GP or contact HealthWISE for information about specific providers.
- Dermatology Armidale
- Diabetes Education Gunnedah**, Moree**and Narrabri **
- Dietetics Gunnedah**, Narrabri**and Moree**,
- Endocrinology Moree*
- Exercise Physiology Gunnedah** and Mungindi*
- Gynaecology Moree
- Nephrology Armidale, Glen Innes, Inverell, and Moree
- Ophthalmology Moree
- Paediatrics Moree and Narrabri
- Podiatry Armidale*, Glen Innes*, Gunnedah**, Guyra*, Inverell*, Mungindi*, Tenterfield*, and Tingha*
- Psychiatry Tamworth and Armidale
- Rheumatology Narrabri and Tamworth
- Neuro Surgeon Tamworth
- NB: *Available for Aboriginal clients as a priority. **Available to Aboriginal Diabetic clients only.