Nutrition & Dietetics
HealthWISE Accredited Practising Dietitians (APD) have the qualifications and skills to provide expert nutrition and dietary advice using evidenced based practice.
You can book a consultation for:
- Dietary management of chronic conditions
- Cardiovascular disease
- Kidney Disease or
- Gastrointestinal health
- Food allergy and intolerance including Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Weight Management
- Child and Adolescent nutrition
- Bariatrics (advice pre and post gastric surgery)
Or just get assistance with everyday eating:
- Developing personalised eating plans or medical nutrition therapy plans
- Assessing individual nutrition needs
- Sorting out nutrition fact from fiction
Speak with your GP to see if you are eligible for a referral to HealthWISE, OR alternatively contact your local Dietitian to book a private appointment. Acknowledgment of program funding received by the Hunter New England Primary Health Network and the Department of Health.
Fees & Payment for private appointments
Standard consultations cost $95 per session
Some clients may be eligible for a Medicare or Private Health Insurance rebate.
Clients who are eligible for a Medicare rebate will have an out-of-pocket expense of $40 per session once they have claimed their rebate.
*Payment will be via EFTPOS (all credit and debit cards accepted) No cash or cheque payments will be accepted.