About HealthWISE New England North West
HealthWISE is about advancing the well being of our community. We provide a range of clinical services across New England North West New South Wales including;
- Supporting General Practice and Practitioners to effectively service communities.
- Providing Allied Health Services where there are shortages or gaps.
- Providing Mental Health Services across the region.
- Coordinating Specialist Services where there are none or there is a specific need.
- Developing and providing Aboriginal Health programs and services.
- Supporting Aged Care and encouraging healthy ageing.
In addition to our clinical services, we are focused on helping our communities and individuals take greater responsibility for their health outcomes through health literacy and preventative health programs and partnerships. HealthWISE was established in 2015 to generate primary and preventative health activities specific to the needs of our various communities. We strive to change the mindset of health by improving access to opportunities to be healthy for the people who live in the New England North West. We recognise the social determinants of health and the unique characteristics of our region. We belive it is possible for every individual to make choices that result in a healthier self and our purpose is to make these choices easier. Working in conjuction with the NSW Rural Doctors Network we also deliver medical specialist outreach services such as Gynaecology, Endocrinology, Cardiology, Nephrology, Opthalmology, Paediatrics, Rheumatology and Dermatology. Acknowledgement of the Hunter New England Primary Health Network and the Department of Health as major HealthWISE funding partners.